1) The people you help the most will generally be among the first to let you down.
2) A "sorry" however sincere, won't always make it right.
3) Cats don't generally do baths.
4) Not everyone who smiles in your face or showers you with praise has your best interest in mind.
5) If a kid looks like he's about to throw-up, he probably is.
6) Excessive bravado is typically a mask for fear.
7) Excessive anger is typically a mask for pain.
8) The people who tell you "I'll call you" or "We've gotta do lunch one day" but never follow through, aren't really your friends.
9) Paprika and red pepper are not interchangeable.
10) A "maybe" isn't the same as a "yes."
11) A life spent talking, planning and dreaming about all you're gonna do, is typically a life unlived.
12) Just because a woman has a big, protuding belly doesn't necessarily mean she's pregnant.
13) Just because a man has a big, protruding ______ doesn't necessarily mean he knows what to do with it. ( don't act like you don't know what goes in the blank*smile*).
Okay, I'm bad, I know (LOL). Of course, we all know when it comes to "lessons in life" 13 is just a start. If there are other lessons you'd like to mention, feel free to tack them on in the comments.