Yeah, I know. Shameless self-promotion, right? Well, at least I'm doing it over here in my own little spot and not junking up your in-box with it (smile). So humor me, all right? Officially, the book (After The Dance) doesn't make its debut in bookstores until April of 2008, which gives you plenty of time to at least give it some thought. So anyway, if you were going to buy my book, which one of following just might work for you?
1) If you pre-order now from Amazon, you'll get a really great discount. (Cheap is good, right? Okay, except when it comes to husbands, dates, boob-jobs and cars.)
2) You're in need of a new doorstop. (Can you say "multi-purpose?")
3) You feel sorry for me. (Hey, it worked for Sanjaya of American Idol fame.)
4) You enjoy my Thursday 13's. (Same kind of humor, slightly different format.)
5) You want to be among the first to trash it. (Okay, Mom if this works for you, what can I say?*smile*)
6) You typically enjoy romantic comedies. (Yes, wedged between the snarkiness and the over the top humor, there's actually an honest-to-goodness love story.)
7) You'll do anything to get me to shut up talking about it. (Hey, if you buy two or more, you won't hear another dang peep outta me.)
8) You routinely support new authors. (Okay, I've been around for a while, but this is my first book.)
9) You're curious to see how or if I pulled it off. (I am talking about the book . . . it's not even that kind of party.)
10) You're in the mood for a fun read. (No, it ain't all that deep.)
11) You're in need of an inexpensive gift. (Really, at $15.oo, it's practically a steal.)
12) You're a fan of music from the old school. (Old school, rules y'all! And there's plenty of it in my book.)
13) You want to be counted among the first to give it a thumbs up. (All joking aside, I am hoping that at least a few folks will enjoy my first full-length literary offering.)
Thanks for the indulgence. In today's competitive marketplace, a girl has to hawk her wares every chance she gets. At least that's what the publishing folks keep telling me (smile).