Monday, August 25, 2008

SeneAfrique . . . Pictures From My Visit On July 25, 2008 . . .
Mary Oluonye , Lori Johnson
& Guest
at SeneAfrique / July 2008
*From Lori's Picture Collection*

Mary Oluonye (pronounced alone-yay) and her husband, Waly Sene are the proud owners of SeneAfrique Trading Company, located at 12206 Larchmere Boulevard, Cleveland OH 44120. Upon learning of my pending visit to the Cleveland area, Ms. Oluonye, who is also a Shaker Heights librarian, invited me to her store and graciously hosted a reception in my honor.

If you are ever in the Cleveland area, I strongly encourage you to visit SeneAfrique. The section of Larchmere upon which the store sits is home to a number of quaint businesses, antique shops and eateries and has a distinct "artsy" feel about it. The store itself offers a wide variety of imported African art, crafts, clothing and other cultural items. In addition to author signings, the owners intend to host art exhibits and other cultural events which promote African & African-American culture.

I had a great time at SeneAfrique and definitely plan to visit again the next time I'm in the area. The following are a few of the pictures from my July 2008 signing in the cozy little courtyard behind SeneAfrique. Just so you know, I'm the one in the hat (smile).

Lori's Visit to SeneAfrique
July 2008
*From Lori's Picture Collection*
Lori Signing After The Dance
in SeneAfrique's Courtyard
July 2008
*From Lori's Picture Collection*
SeneAfrique
July 2008
*From Lori's Picture Collection*
My Reading in SeneAfrique's
Courtyard
July 2008
*From Lori's Picture Collection*

2 comments:

pjazzypar said...

I see you finally got the pictures up from your July book signing. When I get back to the Cleveland area I will definitely make a pit stop at SeneAfrique Trading Company. Oh yeah, you wearing that hat :-)

Lori said...

Hey PJ! Thanks for stopping by. I still have few more pictures to post from my reading at the Warrensville Library. And yes, I am a hat and scarf kinda gal (LOL).