1) Quite frequently, I'll read the last few pages of a book--just to see how it ends. Seldom does it lessen my enjoyment of the story, nor does it keep me from finishing the book.
2) I love libraries, but I buy more books than I borrow.
3) When I start a hard-back, I generally remove the cover until I've finished reading the book.
4) I've been known to read in the tub.
5) Sometimes I'll read more than one book at a time.
6) Don't ask to borrow one of my books. I hate loaning them out because I know they're not coming back.
7) I prefer reading literary fiction, short story collections and essay collections.
8) I tend to use bookmarks and prefer not to dog-ear the pages of my books.
9) I've been a regular reader of the newspaper since the age of twelve.
10) In recent years, I've stopped subscribing to a daily newspaper and switched to being a weekend only subscriber.
11) Typically, what's popular or on the best sellers lists doesn't interest me.
12) I tend to read books that have been out for a while.
13) On average, I read at least 4 hours a day. Of course, this includes the amount of time I spend reading online.
Do we share any reading habits? Do you have any odd reading habits?
The purpose of the meme is to get to know everyone who participates a little bit better every Thursday. Visiting fellow Thirteeners is encouraged! If you participate, leave the link to your Thirteen in others' comments. It’s easy, and fun! Trackbacks, pings, comment links accepted!
View More Thursday Thirteen Participants