Tuesday, March 27, 2007

ABC'S "OCTOBER ROAD" . . . & MY SUMMER ROAD TRIP . . .

October Road is an ABC television series about a writer who, after a 10 yr absence, returns home and finds employment at a local college. I've watched the show a couple of times--if only because it follows Grey's Anatomy on Thursday night. I told the hubby, were I 10-15 years younger, I'd probably really enjoy the show . . . But anyway, the last time I watched I can distinctly remember wondering where the series might have been filmed.

Well, turns out it's filmed on the college campus where my good friend YN teaches. When I spoke to her this past weekend, she said, "Hey, have you ever watched that show, 'October Road?' Guess where it's filmed?" She also told me Tyler Perry had been on campus filming a movie, not more than a couple of weeks ago.

After a bit of online research, I discovered that some of the other movies filmed at Agnes Scott College include: A Man Called Peter; Scream 2 and the higly acclaimed tv series, I'l Fly Away.

Even though I'm not much of a celebrity buff, a visit to a scenic college campus can't help but appeal to my inner nerd. And as far as the hubby is concerned, believe me, he's no better. All I have to do is whisper, "gothic architecture" and ole boy's eyes light up and he starts reminiscing about the days (and no doubt, some of the nights) he spent on the University of Notre Dame's campus.

So, looks like, we'll be adding a tour of my home girl's campus to the list of things we plan to do when we roll into the ATL this summer. Between that and the list of things, Professor BlackWoman (see the comments section of the March 19th "Road Trip" post) was kind enough to share, I'm sure we'll have a great ole time. If anyone else would like to volunteer additonal suggestions, (for places to visit and things to do in Atlanta, Jackson, Miss or New Orleans) I'm still taking them. Drop me a line in this post's section for comments or email me at after.dance@hotmail.com .

If you're interested in learning more about Agnes Scott College and its involvement in the movie biz, this article is a good place to start.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hello Lori,

This is Manchild. I found your blogspot through your comment about the Black hair article.

I have bookmarked your insightful, informative blog for future reference.

Thank you for your kind words.
Peace.

Lori said...

Thanks Manchild,
Do visit again. It's always nice to hear a new voice in "the mix."