The following are 13 of my favorite quotes by Authors & Writers.
1) If there's a book that you want to read, but it hasn't been written yet, then you must write it." --Toni Morrison
2) Any reviewer who expresses rage and loathing for a novel is preposterous. He or she is like a person who has put on full armor and attacked a hot fudge sundae." — Kurt Vonnegut
3) Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe." --Albert Einstein
4) Everywhere I go I'm asked if I think the university stifles writers. My opinion is that they don't stifle enough of them. There's many a best-seller that could have been prevented by a good teacher."
5) "Don't tell me the moon is shining; show me the glint of light on broken glass." — Anton Pavlovich Chekhov
6) Write what disturbs you, what you fear, what you have not been willing to speak about. Be willing to be split open." — Natalie Goldberg Writing Down the Bones: Freeing the Writer Within)
7) "When your rage is choking you, it is best to say nothing. " — Octavia E. Butler(Fledgling
8) Loneliness is black coffee and late-night television; solitude is herb tea and soft music. Solitude, quality solitude, is an assertion of self-worth, because only in the stillness can we hear the truth of our own unique voices." —Pearl Cleage (Deals With the Devil: And Other Reasons to Riot
9) "In a time of deceit telling the truth is a revolutionary act."
10) "Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by the moments that take our breath away." "--Maya Angelou
11) "To be yourself in a world that is constantly trying to make you something else is the greatest accomplishment." Ralph Waldo Emerson
12) "A friend is one who knows you and loves you just the same."
13) "Women and cats will do as they please, and men and dogs should relax and get used to the idea." — Robert A. Heinlein
Do you relate to any of the quotes on my list? Are there any quotes by authors you'd care to share?