I'm probably one of the few who wasn't too terribly miffed by the way the HBO series "The Sopranos" ended. But I'm also probably one of the few with a television, cable and working electricity who never watched a single episode of the series. It wasn't anything personal or even a matter of taste, I just never carved out the time required to watch an entire epioside and as a result find myself hooked.
In general, I'm not big fan of television. Given a choice I'd rather see a movie, go to a play, listen to some music, read a good book, talk on the phone, work on a writing project . . . okay, do just about anything other than plop down in front of the tube with remote in hand. Perhaps, in another post I'll delve into the reasons behind my lack of a TV habit.
The end of "The Sopranos" prompted me to think about the number of other popular television shows I've never watched as well as those I currently and consistently opt to take a pass on when I do sit down and snuggle up with the remote.
Some of the more popular shows (both old & new) I've never watched an entire episode of include:
1) CSI (nope, none of them)
2) The Flava of Love (after tuning in for a few minutes I realized that I gag too easily to ever be a fan of this show)
3) Miami Vice
4) Dallas (still don't know who shot JR and don't really care)
5) Beverly Hills 90210 (rich kids with problems have never interested me)
6) Frasier (sorry, I wasn't big on Cheers either)
7) Everybody Loves Raymond (except for me, I guess)
8) Judging Amy (just never made time to watch it)
9) Murphy Brown
10) Hill Street Blues
11) ER (don't like blood or hospitals)
13) The Fresh Prince (Will Smith's goofiness has always been a turn off)
14) Wayan Brothers (again, the goofiness factor turned me off)
15) Lost (Actually, I saw part of an episode and enjoyed it. But the 2nd time I tried to watch, I give-up midway through. I was too lost to enjoy it.)
16) Star Trek (Never watched any of the "new" ones. Of course, I enjoyed the original back in the day.)
17) Dukes of Hazzard (oh, please)
18) WKRP In Cincinnati
19) Cagney & Lacey
20) Family Matters
21) The Jamie Foxx Show
Oh no, this is hardly the half of them. These are just among the first to come to mind. I doubt if too many folks have a list quite as extensive as my own, but I'm sure there is something on the boob-tube that everybody and their mama seems to rave over, but thus far you've managed to avoid. If you feel like sharing your pics, or commenting on my list of "never watched" shows, be my guest.